In today’s digital landscape, reaching the right audience at the right time is a critical aspect of any marketing strategy. Here’s where segmenting audience becomes important in delivering more relevant and personalized experiences according to the characteristics, behaviours, and preferences of target audiences.
This goal is now achievable through Audience Activation with GA4 (Google Analytics 4) where Google allows marketers to build custom audiences based on specific user behaviours, preferences, and attributes. These audiences can then be used to create highly targeted marketing campaigns that reach the right people at the right time with the right message. Whether it be through targeted search ads, display ads, video ads, or personalized website experiences.
By leveraging this power, marketers can drive higher conversions and improve overall user experiences. Here are some of the many ways you can activate audiences in the GA 4:
1.Target Customers Within Specific CRM Segment
Reach users who fall into sub-segments of your observable customer base, defined by regions, preferred product categories or most-frequent retailer chains.
- Users who purchase your items at discount in your offline stores post online visit
- Customers who are responsive to CRM communications about a particular product category
2.Optimize Bids Towards Users with Specific Intent
Define an audience trigger to fire conversion events based on specific intent signals such as adding items to cart and use this event as optimization signals for your campaigns.
- Users who spent at least 1 minute on product- related pages & screens within last 7 days regression Model’ provided by Big Query to build
- Users adding items to shopping cart or users initiating checkout process
- Users repeatedly viewing product detail pages
3. Target Recently Inactive Customers
Reach users who have been active in the past but no longer are, such as lapsed purchasers or app users. Re-engage them with specific incentives and personalised offers.
- Users who abandoned shopping cart within last week
- Users who initiated signup process, but did not complete
- Users with items in basket, yet to initiate checkout
- Users who installed app, and stopped utilizing app
Marketers can use the advanced targeting capabilities not only to improve customer engagement but also to boost conversions and ROI by putting the right hat on the right head at the right time.
Not to forget, the above are just a few examples, and the possibilities of such customized audiences’ creation are limitless.