Consider a company, manufacturing a range of top-quality products and offering them to consumer at highly competitive prices. Let’s assume that the company has an excellent website, designed to market its products as well. Even after ensuring that these two critical steps are done to perfection, one cannot rest assured that it’ll bring enough traffic onto the website and translate that into actual business. The website of the company may be excellent; but a factor that makes more and more people connect to that website is the ranking of the website on various search engines. The higher the rank, the better the chances of attracting traffic onto the website. Manufacturers can think of outsourcing this job to SEO (Search Engine Optimization) companies, which have the required expertise to undertake such jobs. Another strategy available to manufacturers is to provide links to the website from various other quarters of the internet. This is again a job, which can be outsourced to a SEO Company.
There are various link development strategies that can be adopted by manufacturers. Some such strategies are described below.
- TURNING INTO A CONTENT PROVIDER: Commonly, various blog posts, newsletters and other such contents on the web provide links to various websites. Manufacturers can think of publishing such content on a regular basis on their websites and provide links to their home pages through that content. This is also known as natural link building.
- DIRECTORIES: Enlisting the website in various local and industry-specific directories could be another strategy which may work wonders in attracting traffic to the website
- PPC ADVERTISING: ‘Pay Per Click’ advertising is another strategy that can be used to provide links to the website concerned. PPC is keyword-based advertising. The following example explains how it helps in linking a user to the website of the manufacturer. Suppose the user is searching for a keyword, “SEO Company India”. The search engine will display a list of websites containing that particular keyword. Along with this list, search engines also provide a list of sponsored links containing that keyword. And that link connects the user to the website of the manufacturer.
- SOCIAL NETWORKING: Creating accounts in a couple of social networking websites could be an easy and effective strategy that manufacturers can think of. Getting associated with users, both existing and prospective, in such a fashion takes the relationship between the manufacturer and the consumer to an all new level.
- LINKING THROUGH NEW-GEN MEDIA: Manufacturers can think of utilizing the new generation media like YouTube / Flickr to their advantage. They can upload their Product profiles or demonstration videos on such media and can provide valuable links to their websites through those pages.
- RECIPROCAL LINKING: This is basically a link exchange program. Manufacturers can have an agreement with the owners of a few other websites and can plan to place links to their websites on those websites and vice versa. For e.g. a publishing company can plan to place a link to its website on the website of a book-dealer and vice versa. The most important factor that has to be considered here is the relevance of that link to the user a particular website.
Previous Post: Infusing intelligence into its search engine: Knowledge Graph by Google