Pinterest wants to do for visual search what Google has done for text search. But to do that, Pinterest needs to make searching by taking a picture as easy as typing on a keyboard. So the search-slash-social platform continues to tweak its three-month-old in-app visual search tool, Lens. (Source: Search Engine Land)
AD:TECH – What has been a key success story of Logicserve in the past few months and it would be interesting to know how was that made possible?
Prasad – One of the key reasons for growth and success of Logicserve Digital lies in understanding the customer/consumer behaviour in-depth. (Source : Ad: Tech Newsletter)
Amazon is taking another swing at traditional retailers with the announcement of Prime Wardrobe, a program that lets Prime members try on clothing items and shoes shipped to their home before they are charged for their order. (Source: Marketing Land)
Scale, Data and Social Medium creates opportunities for insights and also creates Business Opportunities. Analysing insights from digital media through machine learning, justifies your spends. (Source: Logicserve Digital)
Facebook has been developing a set of new Groups features – with Groups now being used by more than a billion people per month, Facebook’s launched a range of new tools to improve Group functionality, while also announcing a change in Facebook’s mission statement which underlines the importance of such communities. (Source: Social Media Today)
Social management platform Sprout Social is taking another approach to automated customer service, with its announcement this week of a Bot Builder developed with Twitter for that platform. (Source: MARTECH TODAY)
Google just announced the rollout late this afternoon. A couple weeks ago, the company moved Google Posts into GMB and that is where you can access it now — on both the desktop and the Google My Business Android and iOS apps. (Source: Search Engine Land)
Snapchat rolled out Snap Map, which plots people’s publicly posted Stories by location on a map so that others can see what photos and videos people are sharing from a specific location. Snapchat is giving people a better look at what’s going on in the world but is not including a place for advertisers (at least not yet). (Source: Marketing Land)
Facebook has announced that Instagram Stories is now being used by more than 250 million people every day, far eclipsing Snapchat, which has 166 million total users. The data also indicates that the Stories format is growing in popularity on Instagram – as noted by TechCrunch, Stories’. (Source: Social Media Today)
News Corp., publisher of the Wall Street Journal and the Times of London, is holding “very advanced” discussions with Facebook about subscriptions to its content online, CEO Officer Robert Thomson said. (Source : Ad Age India)
- What factors should a brand take into account while building their digital media mix?
The traditional marketing Mix is the optimisation of product, price, place and promotion. However in the era of digital marketing, we need to add three more “Ps”, they are performance, personalisation and physical experience.
Digital media expands the avenues of communication, interaction as well as transaction and thereby gives brands an opportunity to go deeper inside its customer base in a calibrated manner.
Some factors to be taken into account are:
- Identifying the audience persona and its presence across digital ecosystem – Providing the right message is crucial. Understanding where you can connect with your audience is a vital part of creating the mix. Insights such as what your customers expect and respond to emailers Vs Instagram posts, dictates your TG definition, content strategy, media mix, performance measures and budget allocation.
- Align your media mix with buyer stages – A healthy combination of channels will ensure that all customer life stages are covered, and the brand assists its customer across all the buying stages. Additionally, it also ensures that the right marketing message is delivered to the customers in a cost-effective manner
- Integrated Media Mix – Ensure that you use optimised mix of all the digital marketing avenues, right from paid search to SEO and social media. This will enable you to engage audience better and accordingly decide on the leverage agenda
- ROI driven – Every mix should be fine-tuned, and appropriate analytical tools deployed to measure the campaign performances. Most of the digital campaigns these days can (and must) be optimised on the fly!
You can follow the 70:20:10 rule for performance optimisation:
– 70 – safe and standard publishers/ affiliates and tools that have worked before for your brand,
– 20 – moderately risky; new options and tools for newer audience/ paths
– 10 – totally new and offbeat avenues that keep you abreast of emerging trends/ techniques and platforms.