Logicserve Digital brings to you a curated round-up of important digital marketing updates this week. For further queries, you can write to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fittingly, Google has termed these “tappable shortcuts” and they will lead searchers to instantaneous information on dozens of topics, including sports, restaurants, local amenities, and entertainment. (Source: Search Engine Land)
That’s the essential message from the Association of National Advertisers (ANA), which today issued a call for independent audits in the “walled garden” advertising platforms of Amazon, Foursquare, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat and Twitter. (Source: Marketing Land)
The SEO and webmaster community is a buzz from a few days due to the strong signs which suggest that Google has updated the ranking algorithm. The unofficial update comes with the moniker of Google Fred Update. (Source: Logicserve Digital)
In fact, the fourth annual “Bad Bot Report” from anti-bot service Distil Networks is downright depressing. It continues to document the onslaught of hostile bots that are swarming over websites, login pages and anything else that pokes up its head online. (Source: MARTECH TODAY)
On top of re-adding website retargeting — which is already offered by Facebook, Google, Twitter and Pinterest — LinkedIn will also enable business to target ads based on people’s email addresses, as its aforementioned rivals already do. (Source: Marketing Land)
Post Intelligence, based in San Francisco, was founded in 2015 as MyLikes by ex-Google execs Bindu Reddy and Arvind Sundararajan. The company is launching today under the new name, as it unveils a beta of its new intelligent social marketing app for Web and Android, called Pi. (Source: MARTECH TODAY)
Designing customer mapping journey is an excellent way to understand how the people in your company interact with your customers. The map will highlight every important aspect of the purchasing process to provide excellent insights into the experience flow of the customer. (Source: Logicserve Digital)
Traditionally, clicking on a brand’s ad on Facebook would open a dedicated microsite or product catalog hosted outside of Facebook. But Facebook continues to roll out mobile ad formats that bring those off-Facebook experiences inside the social network. (Source: Marketing Land)
Censorship on social media is always a difficult area. In most cases, content that violates platform rules and regulations is relatively clear-cut – detection is the key challenge – but then there are other ‘violations’ that may cross the line for some users. (Source: Social Media Today)
Twitter Inc is considering whether to build a premium version of its network aimed at professionals, the company said on Thursday, raising the possibility that it could collect subscription fees from some users for the first time. (Source: Advertising Age India)
- How PR has changed in multi-channel, multi devices, less attention giving, digital savvy user?
Storytelling has undergone a major transformation in multichannel, multi devices, less attention giving digitally savvy user era. Here are the top 5 ways how PR can leverage on this:
- In the conversational economy, brands can engage with stakeholders directly. Hence, storytelling becomes very important. The new mantra is Purpose + Performance = Preference.
- There has to be seamless integration across media – and the messaging needs to be harmonised to hold attention of stakeholders.
- With the wake of fake news diluting the ‘trust’ aspect even further, storytelling should be authentic and based on facts, data and analytics
- Follow the KISS principle more than ever before; Keep It Short & Simple” be it a GIF, narrative or a video. People should be able to consume it in a single screenshot without having to scroll down.
- Don’t fake it; if your product is not ready don’t impress hard on PR. Good PR for a bad product will make it fail faster.