If you own a blog but find it challenging to get enough visitor as you would have liked, then this post is exactly what you may have been looking for. In this blog, we will discuss a few tips to help increase blog traffic and brand engagement.
Tip 1 – Know your audience
Remember, audience is the king. So, it is pivotal that you understand your audiences’ interest, needs, and address their concerns. Your blog should cater to their needs.
My blog helps amateur investors who want to know more about investing.
Once you have identified your target audience, you can segment them based on their personas. For example, if you are a small business catering to the rural audience, it would help to write blogs in the regional language to appeal to the audience in a better way.
A persona-based writing approach will yield better results in terms of audience interaction and engagement than a universal or standard writing approach.
Tip 2 – Curate specific content that your audience wants
Your primary objective of the blog is to engage with the audience, and so you would want them to interact and engage with your blog page and/or website more. So, it is vital that you provide the best experience to them while they are on your blog. So, make sure that you curate specific content that gives them the information they are looking for and need.
The following tips can help
- The content should be crisp, and precise. More importantly it should tell how it can help the readers.
- Avoid using too many unnecessary widgets that could distract your reader’s attention while they are on your blog.
- The navigation on your blog must be simple and user-friendly.
- Keep your blog updated regularly and add fresh content.
- Avoid using heavy graphics that could impact the page load time.
Tip 3 – Create smart, eye-catching headlines
Headlines are the hook that gets your readers’ attention. So, it should be eye-catching enough to compel them click on the link and read further. But at the same time, make sure that your content delivers what the headline promises.
This is vital to get the right kind of traffic and people who visit the blog may be interested in what you have to offer. This increases the chances of better engagement with the readers, and it will have a good impression on them.
Tip 4 – Leverage the trends
As a brand owner who is trying to increase engagement through blogs, you must be constantly only your toes and be aware of the latest trends and leverage them to your advantage. Being the first one to build on the trend is a great way to connect with the audience better and increase engagement.
Tip 5 – Publish different types of content
There is a lot more that you can publish other than simple blog posts.
- Video – Videos are a great way to retain the audience attention for a longer period. The longer they stay on your blog/website better the interaction and conversation rate.
- Podcasts – Recently, podcasts have gained immense popularity as a communication medium. People who don’t like to read long text, prefer listing to podcasts and it helps brands to convey the message better.
- Infographics – The importance of a good infographic cannot be stressed enough. It is a pictorial representation of the facts/data you provide in the content. It has a significant impact on the reader’s mind as it appeals to the reader’s visual senses.
- Interview – Interviews with subject matter experts/influential personalities helps you win reader confidence better.
Tip 6 – Add Powerful Visuals
Visuals are a powerful medium of communication and if you don’t leverage it in your blogs, then you are potentially losing out a massive opportunity to increase engagement. Visual could be anything, images, an embedded video, or infographic. It not only makes your blog look attractive, but also immediately catches the attention of the reader and makes them stay for a while longer than usual.
Not everyone likes to read a full blog or can understand the text immediately. So, having visuals can help people learn through visual stimulation.
Tip 7 – Place the CTA smartly
One of your primary objectives of the blog would be eventually to increase business, right? So, while you are trying to interact and engage with the customer through your blog, you can immediately try to convert them into a potential customer by using the call-to-action smartly.
While you are giving of the information that the potential customer is look out for, you can entice them to click on the link of your products or service and who knows may you will have a new customer added to your list.
But the CTA should not sound like you are trying too hard to sell.
Bonus Tip – Give your readers something for free
Most blogs don’t get return visitors. But you can keep your audience keep coming back to your blog page for more.
The best way to do this is to offer something for free to them in return for subscribing to your mailing list. This will help send you regular updates about new content to the people. The free offering could be anything as simple as discount code, an e-book or something else depending on your bloc nice and offering.